We often hear fans of a browser defend it, arguing that it is better than the competition, whether it be Chrome, Edge or Firefox. The question we are therefore entitled to ask ourselves is: which is the best web browser between these three alternatives? Chrome, Firefox or Edge?
Like many, you used a web browser for a while before getting angry at it. Then you tried the competitors and finally choose another one. So finally, which is the best web browser to surf the web serenely and efficiently?
What is the best web browser between Chrome, Firefox, and Edge?
The easiest way to get a more or less precise idea is to submit them to a series of different benchmarks and rank them according to the results.
Here are 5 benchmarks we selected to see which browser is better:
• HTML5Test, to check efficiency with HTML5 language
• MotionMark, which studies graphics performance
• Speedometer to get an idea of the overall performance
What came out of these different benchmark tests?
• HTML5Test: Chrome is first before Firefox, then Edge
• Jetstream: Edge ahead of Firefox and Chrome in the third position
• Kraken: Firefox passes Edge and Chrome on the third step
• MotionMark: Edge takes a considerable lead over Firefox and Chrome which show equivalent results
• Speedometer: Chrome crushes by far Firefox and Edge
Note: it is essential to specify with which configuration this series of Benchmarks was carried out because apparently with another model the results could evolve in one direction or another… It is also important to specify which version of the browser was used in each case.
The five benchmarks were run on an Intel Core-i5 laptop, supported by 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM, all under Windows 10 (64-bit).
In conclusion, as you will have noticed all alone, there is not a big winner concerning the Internet navigation and the three browsers are globally equal. We can slightly give an advance to Chrome this time, but remember that in 2015, the same test gave Edge the winner. The tests depend mainly on the optimizations that each publisher performs in its new versions before the competition aligns itself…
And you, which browser do you use every day and why?